Sunday, October 9, 2011

Twirl My Curls For Breast Cancer Awareness

Okay ladies here it is!  My very first contest!  The name of this contest is Twirl My Curls for Breast Cancer Awareness.  Since October is known to be Breast Cancer Awareness Month and it's when we start seeing everyone "GO PINK", I would like to have a contest in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  As you probably saw on my YouTube profile page I identify that I love giving back to my community and this is one way that I typically do as well.  Below I have listed some links for you to obtain information about breast cancer as well as information if you would like to donate. 

Here is a link to important facts about breast cancer:  http://ww5.komen.org/uploadedFiles/Content_Binaries/806-316a.pdf

You can also go to the Susan G. Komen website located at:  http://ww5.komen.org/ and find out more about Breast Cancer.  If you would like to donate you can go under the "Get Involved" tab and select "Donate."  I think the minimum you can give is $5.00 and they will send you a ribbon to wear for the month.  Please find it in your hearts to give to this cause. 

So on to the contest!!! Here is what we will do.  Since the contest is entitled "Twirl My Curls For Breast Cancer Awareness" you will be doing just that.  I would like for you ladies to style your hair in any way you would like but here's the twist....YOU MUST INCLUDE SOMETHING PINK AS AN ACCESSORY!!! Also, you must identify one way that you intent or have already educated someone about breast cancer!  Simple right?  I will create a video and when you see that video on YouTube create a video response for it with all of the things requested below and you are entered!  Finally, you don't have to be just a natural hair lady you can also have relaxed hair! I just want to support breast cancer.  Your prize a $25 gift card from Sally's Beauty Supply!!!!   The contest runs from 10/09/11 until 10/31/11.  All entries must be received by midnight on 10/31/11 to be considered.  Winners will be identified by the next week. Good luck to everyone and thanks for your support and entries! 

Contest Rules
1.  You must be 18 or older to enter.
2.  You must be a subscriber to my YouTube channel.
3.  You must be a follower of my blog.
4.  Style your hair anyway you want however you MUST include a pink accessory (any shade you desire) in your styling.
5.  You MUST identify one way that you have educated or plan on educating someone regarding breast cancer.
6.  You MUST identify one thing that you have learned about breast cancer that you didn't know.
7.  Create a video response to the Breast Cancer Awareness video I will post with the above included (#4, #5, & #6). 

1 comment:

  1. I wish you would have told me about this I would have helped! :)
    Sorry it's to late.

    ReplyDelete